Friday, August 19, 2011

Thoughts on WWE, TNA & UPWA and What Dr. Michael Devine is doing.

Dr. Michael "Big Daddy" Devine. I'm called Doctor because the way I operate in the ring, and Big Daddy because the way I do my thing.

Welcome to The Doctor's Report.

So I have some thoughts on WWE and TNA which I am going to share. Why? Because its my damn column and I can share what I want to share, savvy? Good. Okay may I continue, little jimmy? I thank you.

So I watched WWE's SummerSlam and I have to admit WWE's PPVs have been getting better. SummerSlam was not only good but it surprised me. Usually when I'm watching any wrestling PPV I am rarely, if ever surprised. SummerSlam surprised me. It surprised me BIG TIME. Not only was the event good, very good. All the matches deserved to be on the ppv...though I would have liked to have seen Beth Phoenix come out as the Diva's Champion but that is beside the point. The WWE and the World titles changed hands on the same ppv event (can't remember when that happened last or even that I cared). The arrival of Edge surprised me. I mean Christian hinted at some big event that would change things and I thought...Oh lord...Tomko returns. When Edge ran out I was shocked. But my shock did not end there. When Edge told his best friend that, and I am paraphrasing, that Christian had disgraced the World Championship and that the only way he would ever have the respect was to face Orton alone and then Edge left him in the ring to face the Viper. For some reason I thought Christian would still walk away as champion. Surprise! After a damn good match...Orton WINS!...The Sheamus/Mark Henry Match was better than I thought it was going to be. In my opinion it ended the way it should have. Mark Henry is the 'Silverback Gorilla'....King Kong....Imposing his will and being just a big mean nasty thuggin' and buggin' terror. There is more to come with Mark/Sheamus/Big Show (Oh yeah....don't forget him). There were many matches on that PPV that made me go...WOW this is WWE? The World Title match was the one that surprised me the most. First, John Cena looked better. I made the observation that when John Cena is placed in matches with someone who makes him wrestle, he does. CM Punk made Cena wrestle. When Cena was pinned with his foot under the rope I figured we were heading down the Cena complaining about his foot being under the rope and another CM Punk/Cena match. Then before my shocked eyes Kevin Nash jackknifed CM Punk much to the surprise of Triple H and the fans. I was so busy going WHAT THE HELL! Out came Alberto Del Rio to cash in his money in the bank, which I had completely forgot about. Alberto covered Punk to win. I left watching Summer Slam not feeling like I had lost hours of my life I would never get back, which I use to feel. I also found myself actually excited about the upcoming RAW for that following Monday. Monday Night RAW did not disappoint...there was Kevin Nash, Triple H, Stephanie McMahon Helmsley, John Cena, CM Punk. I think if WWE continues to do what it is doing now I could actually not only enjoy watching WWE again but actually look forward at being surprised.

Now to TNA. You know, I am really trying to stay solid with TNA. The one thing I am begging...BEGGING....B E G G I N G to happen is get rid of Hogan and Bischoff and the entire Immortal idea. Bring back the six sided ring (I liked it and it made TNA unique) and focus on the guys who were there for TNA from the beginning. Neither Hogan nor Bischoff have any busy in TNA they are leeches...vampires...parasites. Yes I said parasites. I know Hogan did a  lot for wrestling (good and bad) but he needs to sit down and stay out of the spot light. Bischoff...well HE IS a parasite. Bischoff is a snake oil salesman, who is only about himself. TNA rebranded itself into IMPACT Wrestling with "Wrestling Matters". Neither Hogan nor Bischoff believe that. TNA has so much good going for it and to have the upper crust littered with the likes of Hogan, Bischoff, Steiner and The Jarretts. The whole Eric Young aka "Crazy Boy" going off to defend the TV title against TV stars as gone from mildly amusing to completely annoying. There are some bright lights; The X Division, The Bound For Glory Series, the Tag Team Division. I love Ric Flair...he will always be the man BUT I do not want to see him wrestling again and the old age playboy gimmick is not the way a legend should go out. Flair would be a great manager and mentor for the likes of a Samoa Joe, Matt Morgan, Gunner or some other great young talent. TNA rebranded to IMPACT Wrestling...it needs a reboot and needs to boot out a lot of the deadwood and get back to WRESTLING THAT MATTERS!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

So I got word that the UPWA show that was schedule for August 20th had been cancelled and that Power Pro Wrestling would be back in action for the fair season.

I was prepared for UPWA because as I said in my previous report myself, Ali Steele and D-Mac (Big Bad Bully) the more than a quarter ton of BIG STEELE are coming to UPWA to take the UPWA Tag Team Titles from Smooth Excellence. I have been advised by our agents at P&A (Pain & Agony) that Big Steele have been entered in the John J. Iradi Memorial Tag Team Tournament scheduled for October 8th and 9th. The winning team become number one contenders for the tag team titles. So to all the other tag teams in the tournament you better come with your mind made up, your insurance paid up and your will written because when you step in the ring with BIG STEELE you will be beaten up. Smooth Excellence, if you are still the tag team champions by the time BIG STEELE gets to you we just want you to remember that it's not personal, it's just business. You guys are the champions which means you are next on the BIG STEELE "BUST THAT ASS" list.

OH that reminds me...Ali Steele, D-Mac and myself were in Roseboro about two weeks ago for ACPW. D-Mac and myself were there to watch Ali Steele's back and it was a good thing because there were a couple of Roseboro rejects who wanted to try some of BIG STEELE on, especially some young punk kid who apparently was the brother of hill-billy zombie but not as smart. This fool wanted to get up in the faces of three men who have a total combined weight of 1,010 pounds. The three of us are straight up Gorillas and Guerrillas. So whoever you are, when you step to us you better remember this: GOD FORGIVES! WE DON'T!"

POWER PRO...FAIR SHOW! Yes, POWER PRO will be at the Moore County Fair (August 31, Sept 1 and Sept 2) and I will be there. Don't know whose neck I will be twisting but you can bet when Dr. Michael "Big Daddy" Devine hits the ring, it won't be nothing but a thing and somebody, somebody is gonna get dropped and if you don't know, now you know!


No comments:

Post a Comment